Sunday, June 10, 2007

1,400 Posts Strong: Coco Smacks down a Problematic Intern

So, my new job is going well. (Thank you for asking.)

But I've already run into a problem child. We'll call her Fiorella (because that's what her momma'nem named her). She is an intern for the summer in my office. I didn't hire her ass, but I might be the one to fire her, but more on that lately.

Now, everyone who comes into our office has the same reason to me: intense aversion and shock at the fact the a young Black man is running the office.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, I am the H.N.I.C.

One of my underlings introduces this little flower to me on Friday. She was like, "I already know him." Oh, yeah, and she it with disdain in her voice.

So, I was like, "No, you didn't. It's nice to meet you."

And she was like, "Oh, yes, I have!"

"Yes, I have!"

"Look, girl, we have never met before today, but I am not going to argue with you. Nice to meet you." I force a smile through my teef.

She gave me a hard side-eye and said, "Whatever. You met me."

I was pissed. Now, let me tell you something, America: I never forget a face, no matter how wonky. And because we are the ONLY two Negroids in the office, I definitely would have remembered meeting her.

However, the real problem was her stank attitude. Something tells me that if I had been White, the whole meeting would have been different because ever as people of colour, we aren't reared to understand that other young Black people can be in charge. I'm a grown man and her supervisor's supervisor's supervisor. Oh, hell, naw! That bitch must not know 'bout me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, I hope that there is an opening in one of your offices; I know someone who will be out of a job come Monday.

6 comments:

khameticgirl said...

You are the funniest! But if you do let her go, let her know very clearly why....you might actually set her up on a path with a future if she can learn from her stank! BTW, thanks for your comments on my blog today, and good luck with Ms. Thang on Monday....she really DID NOT know who you were and what she was messing with-lol

Coco LaRue said...

Don't you worry. She won't have to wonder why she's going home. :-)

goldiilocs said...

OMG, I would love to work for you!!!! That bitch don't know what's she missing.

khameticgirl said...

Wow Coco....you are the first person I asked to add me (and the only one I asked I may add). It is an honor to be added to your blogroll....keep up the good work and keep it sassy (haha)

Coco LaRue said...

No prob, Khameticgirl!

Coco LaRue said...

And I would love to hire you, Goldilocs!