Friday, July 14, 2006

Usher to Star in Broadway's Chicago


First Ray J's bulging panty-draw's and now this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Usher Raymond, one of my favorite teenage wetdreams and the recipient of five Grammy Awards, will be starring as "Billy Flynn" in Broadway's Chicago from August 22, 2006 to October 1, 2006 according to Playbill Online.

This is sort of surprising to me because, while I love the show, it is typically populated by has-beens and nobodies. (Huey Lewis was in it earlier this year... See my point?)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I guess that disaster that was In the Mix hurt his career more than we realized.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

About joining the cast, here's what Ursh had to say:
"This is a very exciting time in my career. I have always admired Broadway actors for their showmanship, dedication and focus that goes into performing live on stage every night. Being on Broadway allows you to connect to audiences in a whole new way that�s different from music and movies. When they asked me to play Billy Flynn in Chicago, I jumped at the chance to be a part of such an amazing production."

The devil is a liar. His career is obviously imperilled.

Oh, well, I'll definitely be there (with ten thousand 'tween girls), Stan alter ego in tow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: